Welcome to Active English! The only pre-school and Grade 1-7 English programme of its kind in South Africa.
- Are you looking for a sustainable, worthwhile and affordable business opportunity?
- Do you want to make a real difference in the lives of children by providing a much needed educational service?
- Are you able to adapt to new methods of teaching?
- Do you believe that fostering creativity, a love for books and reading is very important to a child's development?
- You do not have any teaching qualifications but you have always wanted to teach?
If this is what you are looking for, read on.
Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow
In 1993 armed with a Montessori teaching background and qualifications, founder of Active English, Antionette Slabbert, started developing an English language programme for the purpose of teaching her own children. Her aim was to develop a syllabus that was educationally sound, but above all it had to be creative and fun. She wanted the children to look forward to their lessons every week - something she has achieved with great success. She wrote and published a book "Lighting Up Language the Active English Way" and has sold more than 2000 copies. Three schools in Gauteng are using them for all their learners.
Antionette Slabbert, winner 'Entrepreneur of the Year for 2010' Franchise Association of South Africa (FASA). Recently honoured by Standard Bank as one of the top 20 Woman Franchisors in South Africa.
Her advice for someone starting their own business: "To survive in business today you need to offer value for money. Work hard, go the extra mile, offer something special. Always deliver on your promises, do each task with energy and perfection. Remember that 'actions do speak louder than words."
Today, there are 10 successful franchisees. Her very first franchisee, Samantha is operating two franchises successfully. All the others have re-signed their 5 year contracts.
Future plans include expanding the brand into neighbouring countries and eventually to any foreign country that needs English for their children.
Why Our Franchise?
What are the benefits:
- An exclusive, well established concept - researched & developed for 22 years
- Work from home - problems associated with 'site location' & high rentals is eliminated - reducing risk & cost - use a classroom at a school & travel to nursery schools
- Flexible working hours - work around family commitments
- Low start-up costs - high returns
- Over 85% of our students return year after year
- Earn extra income by offering holiday workshops
- Earn extra income - speech & drama coaching
- Children attend Active English year after year because we teach all children as if they are gifted, we vary our programme
- Spend every school holiday with your family
- A great investment in a growing industry
- Build a business for your own future
- Our brand stands for quality lessons that are affordable & academically sound
What Do You Get and What Does It Cost
The pre-school franchise cost is R65 000
- Educational Material - a specialised pre-school syllabus for learners aged 3 to 6 years
- Theme motivated, easy to prepare lessons that are unique to Active English. This programme has been researched, proven and put into practice for 22 years. Annual update of themes.
- Teaching manuals that are easy to use
Grade 1 - 7
Educational Material Provided
Applicable to both packages:
- Specialised Phono-visual programme for Grade 1-3
- Sight Words Programme
- 90 workbooks in total for the Grade 1-7 plus master copies - so you can make your own books
- All Active English workbooks have been carefully created to encourage children to develop an INTEREST and ENTHUSIASM for learning. The methods and skills used to teach English, reading and spelling will help students to think tasks through and discover exciting solutions
- The writing and appreciation of poetry, together with educational games makes this programme both challenging and stimulating
- The general principles of reading, spelling, story-telling, presentation of lessons, writing and much more is provided. Unique creative educational game ideas
- Teacher's notes and answer books add to this comprehensive educational package
The Grade 1-7 franchise cost is R65 000
Full Franchise R115 000
- Two workshops per year
- Accredited enrolment & indemnity forms
- Customised advertising flyers
- Comprehensive Training
- Ongoing research & support for 5 years plus
You need to complete the Selection and Recruitment / Questionnaire documents & fax (016 4548974) or e-mail them back to us together with your CV
- We will contact you for a presentation and a personal interview in Vereeniging if your application is successful.
- Before or on the day of your interview you need to furnish us with a list of suitable nursery and primary schools in your area, to determine the viability of the franchise within your area.
- Written proof of approved financing is to be submitted to Head Office before your application is approved after the interview.
- Upon approval an administrative deposit of R5000 (five thousand rand) is to be paid within 5 days of the interview. Once the deposit has been received you will receive the Franchise Agreement to peruse. We therefore advise you to have your lawyer peruse the Agreement.
- The full R5000 will be deducted from your franchise payment. An administrative fee of R1000 is non-refundable in the event that you cancel. Should you cancel within 10 working days after signing the Agreement the amount of R4000 will be refunded to you in full.